Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!
Moderators: Fons , Crazy Bob , Phaseolus , eddydevries , Bollivierke , Ord€p , Craft , Math Murderer
Olivier
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358 Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian
Post
by Olivier » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:38 pm
I just wonder what kind of cuisine you like...
I really like sushis and sashimis... I also like the french and italian cuisines... paëlla for Spain and the delicious english breakfasts.
I like the variety of hams and breads in Germany and Austria... and the bears from the northern countries.
and you?
Olivier
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83 Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Contact:
Post
by Flip the Coin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:40 pm
Olivier wrote: I just wonder what kind of cuisine you like...
I'm a big
PIZZA fan
But you can wake me up for a fresh raw herring too..
Nico
There is no spoon..
Olivier
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358 Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian
Post
by Olivier » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:42 pm
Flip the Coin wrote:
But you can wake me up for a fresh raw herring too..
What is it??
This smelling and salted fish?
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83 Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Contact:
Post
by Flip the Coin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:46 pm
Olivier wrote: Flip the Coin wrote:
But you can wake me up for a fresh raw herring too..
What is it??
This smelling and salted fish?
YES YES YES , a small white bread and a salted herring (broodje haring met uitjes, geen zuur). LOVE it
Nico
There is no spoon..
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83 Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Contact:
Post
by Flip the Coin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:49 pm
How to smuggle a bear from Norway to the Netherlands?
Put a slice of bread on both sides of the bear and if the custums ask you where you want to go with that bear, you say: it's my own choice what I like on my sandwich..
Nico
There is no spoon..
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83 Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Contact:
Post
by Flip the Coin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:55 pm
Craft wrote: Why don't polar bears (the white ones) eat penguins?
They have to travel from the North Pole to the South Pole, just to get their lunch...
Nico
There is no spoon..
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974 Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:
Post
by emmem » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:55 pm
Never eaten any bears in my life. I'm wondering about the way they taste.
Oh my, this topic makes me hungry.
Olivier
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358 Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian
Post
by Olivier » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:59 pm
bière !! how do you write it??
beer??
(i drink it better than i write it!
)
Tiger
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072 Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:
Post
by Tiger » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:04 pm
Well, I really like the Italian food (Pizza, Lasagna, Spaghetti, Pasta, Mozarella
, ...)
But the French and the Belgian food are also fine.
Spanish food can be deliscious, but I don't like paëlla
In general, I really don't like Fish !
*bah*
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
Olivier
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358 Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian
Post
by Olivier » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:07 pm
Flip the Coin wrote:
YES YES YES , a small white bread and a salted herring (broodje haring met uitjes, geen zuur). LOVE it
Nico
I like "anchoix" . Is it the same?
Tiger
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072 Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:
Post
by Tiger » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:08 pm
I don't think so...
I know that in Dutch 'ansjovis' and 'haring' are no synonyms, so I think it's not the same
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
Olivier
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358 Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian
Post
by Olivier » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:08 pm
Craft wrote: I once ordered a pizza "Frutti di Mare" but I asked the waitress to tell the kitchen to place the "Frutti" to one half of the pizza and the "di Mare" on the other half so that I could actually see what this pizza contains... Never been quite sure before, but now I know
What can we do if we want a pizza without tomato sauce?
Olivier
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358 Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian
Post
by Olivier » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:09 pm
Flip the Coin wrote: Craft wrote: Why don't polar bears (the white ones) eat penguins?
They have to travel from the North Pole to the South Pole, just to get their lunch...
Nico
They can't swim?
Olivier
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358 Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian
Post
by Olivier » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:10 pm
Craft wrote: At Easter, I like the traditional Finnish mämmi...
(don't ask, you wouldn't believe
)
I ASK !!!
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974 Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:
Post
by emmem » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:10 pm
Tiger wrote: In general, I really don't like Fish !
*bah*
Same here. Except for fishsticks with ketchup. And smoked salmon. And herring.