What's your favourite food? :-a

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Contact:

Post by Flip the Coin »

Olivier wrote:What can we do if we want a pizza without tomato sauce? :P
Do you dare an Italian to ask for a pizza without tomato sauce and without cheese :?:

Nico

(popular subject this...)
There is no spoon..
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

Flip the Coin wrote:
Olivier wrote:What can we do if we want a pizza without tomato sauce? :P
Do you dare an Italian to ask for a pizza without tomato sauce and without cheese :?:

Nico

(popular subject this...)
I wonder what Nicola thinks about this! :P
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

hehe
My dictionary says:
Mämmi (paasgerecht van roggemeel)

That is.....
/me picks his Dutch-English dictionary...
"Easternfood made of rye-flour" :)
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

emmem wrote:
Tiger wrote:In general, I really don't like Fish !
*bah* :(
Same here. Except for fishsticks with ketchup. And smoked salmon. And herring.
Yeah, with ketchup I can eat everything :)
Just put enough ketchup on it, so everything tastes like ketchup :D
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

Tiger wrote:
emmem wrote:
Tiger wrote:In general, I really don't like Fish !
*bah* :(
Same here. Except for fishsticks with ketchup. And smoked salmon. And herring.
Yeah, with ketchup I can eat everything :)
Just put enough ketchup on it, so everything tastes like ketchup :D
It is very helpfull with the english cuisine! :twisted:
I remember terrible dishes with mint, when I was a pupil in a english family (linguistic trips)
I have never drunk so much water...
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

I never heard of "mämmi" before, but after checking out that site, I don't even want to see it in real :D
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

What cuisine do you like?

Post by Sneakster »

No,no, ansjovis and herring are definetely two different species.
Anyway, I'm very fond of Indonesian food, very spicy and all that.
Chinese as well.
For drinks, I like beer, and ,of course, mainly Scottish malt whiskies.
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

FANTA RULEZ !
:D
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: What cuisine do you like?

Post by emmem »

Sneakster wrote:No,no, ansjovis and herring are definetely two different species.
Anyway, I'm very fond of Indonesian food, very spicy and all that.
Chinese as well.
For drinks, I like beer, and ,of course, mainly Scottish malt whiskies.
and I like wine too :P
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Re: What cuisine do you like?

Post by Olivier »

emmem wrote:
Sneakster wrote:No,no, ansjovis and herring are definetely two different species.
Anyway, I'm very fond of Indonesian food, very spicy and all that.
Chinese as well.
For drinks, I like beer, and ,of course, mainly Scottish malt whiskies.
and I like wine too :P
so do I! :-)
French, italian... :-a
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

Flip the Coin wrote:
Craft wrote:Why don't polar bears (the white ones) eat penguins?
They have to travel from the North Pole to the South Pole, just to get their lunch... :!: :lol:

Nico
Why don't they walk?
BTW, they don't have to go that far, there are even pinguins on the Galapagos islands near the equator.

Herring is the (raw) fish you grab by it's tale, slice it through the unions, bend over your head backwards and take a bite.

But i don't really like it. Don't like fish in general.

My favorite food when i'm in Malaysia is the Kolo Mie. One food stall is my favorite. I've never seen a caucasian there and everybody looks at me, but that are the best places. The places were the locals eat, not were the tourists eat. Sometimes they offer me spoon and fork :evil: as if i can't eat with chop sticks :P

I like hot food. I can eat pretty hot, but if it's very hot i's hard to reall taste it.
User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

What food do you like?

Post by Sneakster »

My wife likes wine as well, I can't keep up with her pace. :evil:
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

I like Italian pastas and pizza's, french wine, spannish paella, belgium beers and dutch local food like stamppot prei, of andijvie etc.
I like most fish, but herring I really don't like it smells and i don't really like raw fish
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

Nobody like vegetables and fruits?
I like tomatoes, corn, salad, aubergine... raspeberry, melon, strawberry, peaches, bananas, kiwis... :P and myrtles!
The best myrtles I have never eaten were in a field in the austrian Alps, near the german-czech border!! (passau)

I like tomatoes with Feta and a little olive oil... mmmmh!

It's not time to eat, yet... it makes me hungry! :lol:
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

Tomatoes with mozarella rulez :D
And olive oil too...
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”