Time to eat!

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

At what time do you eat (for dinner)?

Before 18h (I'm danish!)
11
15%
18h
17
23%
19h
18
24%
20h
23
31%
21h
1
1%
Later (I'm spanish)
4
5%
 
Total votes: 74

User avatar
Chiel
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 8:48 pm
Location: Groningen. the Netherlands

Post by Chiel »

Most of the times I eat around 7pm, but there are exceptions sometimes, like 4.30pm or 9.15pm. Just depends on when I feel like cooking, not on when I'm hungry :)
Money in hand, that´s buying / Penger i hånden, det er kjøp --- Erlend Loe
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Post by Jes »

I am Spanish, but I use to have dinnetr between 20:00 and 21:00 I hate the late dinners.

Anyway, once I had dinner at 23:00!

I really hate it! but most of spanish people don't mind. I think it is due to the Spanish hour: we are 2 hours over the sun hour, that means that, if you see a clock marking 14:00, it is actually 12:00 (by sun hour). The 0º greenwich is in Barcelona and we have the same hour than other Europeans!! 8O we are mistreated!! :wink:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
JaakkovB
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:11 pm
Location: Den Haag, The Netherlands

Post by JaakkovB »

I usually eat between 18.00 and 18.30 exept for wednesday. I have to eat early because I have soccerpractise and I do not like eating late :)
User avatar
Akajoe
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 725
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Hoboken (Belgium)
Contact:

Post by Akajoe »

Normally between 18 and 19 hrs
Scotland the brave!
gg947
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Burgos, Spain

Post by gg947 »

Between 9,30 and 10 pm
User avatar
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5762
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Lerici - La Spezia - Italy
Contact:

Post by debemaks »

It depends from the season and the day, usually at home, something from 19:30 to 20:00 but in summertime, more likely 20:00-21:00. When I hang out with friend, never before 21:00 - 21:30.... if it's summertime, aperitives till dusk! :lol:
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
User avatar
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:38 pm
Location: Madrid

Post by eurojuanmi »

Later (I'm spanish) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have my dinner about 22:00 or 23:00 (and some days later)
User avatar
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:38 pm
Location: Madrid

Post by eurojuanmi »

eurojuanmi wrote:Later (I'm spanish) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have my dinner about 22:00 or 23:00 (and some days later)
The days of school I have the breakfast at 08:40, but the days of hollidays (like now), I have the breakfast when I wake up (between 11:00 am and 02:00 pm) but some days I don´t have breakfast, I have the lunch. Usually I have the lunch between 02:30 pm and 04:00 pm.
I'm Spanish :flag-es: :mrgreen:
User avatar
etty
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Škofja Loka, Slovenia

Post by etty »

usually something like:
- week: lunch at 5pm, smaller meal at 9pm
- weekend: lunch at 3pm, smaller meal at 8pm
- random days: smaller meals during day, dinner at 8pm

..or no lunch or dinner at all.. or nothing at all.. or eating whole day... :lol:
I know... the past will catch you up as you run faster... I know...
User avatar
Le Hibou
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Belgio
Contact:

Post by Le Hibou »

Being originally from the North of England, this question confused me at first, because 12:00 or 13:00 weren't included as possible answers. In Manchester, we eat breakfast in the morning, have dinner between midday and two pm, and have our tea in the evenings after work or school. So I answered 19:00 which is my normal tea-time. Tea is of course the most important meal of the day, and if some pretentious southeners like to call it "dinner", we sneer at them for the ignorant fools that they are.

And in case you think this is just a local dialect thing, think again: Why do children who eat prepared meals at school at around midday have "school dinners" served and cooked by "dinner ladies"? - even the BBC uses and accepts those phrases as "good English"!

Yours chauvinistically. :P :P :P
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”