Strange distance in hit
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
-
MDeen
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 2241
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
- Location: Helden, The Netherlands
- Contact:
Strange distance in hit
Have a look at note P0x632583xxx.
The distance traveled is 5768 km, although the hits are in Dordrecht and Hoorn, some 100 km apart.
I suspect the distance calculator is confused by one of the zipcodes?
The distance traveled is 5768 km, although the hits are in Dordrecht and Hoorn, some 100 km apart.
I suspect the distance calculator is confused by one of the zipcodes?
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
Re: Strange distance in hit
The problem is that when a lat/long is unknown it currently defaults to 0,0 hence the huge distance. I know it should be betterMDeen wrote:Have a look at note P0x632583xxx.
The distance traveled is 5768 km, although the hits are in Dordrecht and Hoorn, some 100 km apart.
I suspect the distance calculator is confused by one of the zipcodes?
It should be ok now.
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
- emmem
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 974
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
- Location: Brussels
- Contact:
Well. The signature really doesn't look like a signature to me. I must admit that.DoubleYou wrote:Hey mrdeen is advertising within his signature!! That was forbidden i thought.
IMHO something like the following looks more like it (this way it's more personal)
MDeen
Huge fan of seti@home and member of the number 1 dutch users group.
-
MDeen
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 2241
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
- Location: Helden, The Netherlands
- Contact:
I didn't know there was a rule for that. Can you point me to that rule please?emmem wrote:Well. The signature really doesn't look like a signature to me. I must admit that.DoubleYou wrote:Hey mrdeen is advertising within his signature!! That was forbidden i thought.
IMHO something like the following looks more like it (this way it's more personal)
MDeen
Huge fan of seti@home and member of the number 1 dutch users group.
I must say I wouldn't understand if I make a link to this site. I can understand that you don't want commercial advertisments, but a link to another site wher people with a different geekdom do things?
How would you feel if the guys at Seti@Netherlands issue the same ban and don't allow me to give a linkt to the EBT site?
But if it's really not allowed, I will change the sig without hesitation (but do inform me before tomorrow, sunday 21st because I'm going on a three week holiday then, and send a PM please so I won't miss the discussion)
Cheers,
Maarten
- emmem
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 974
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
- Location: Brussels
- Contact:
I think promoting a site that is politically correct on this forum is not really a problem. So you can promote seti@home. The only problem IMHO is using the word join. This makes your signature look like a commercial message (even if it isn’t).MDeen wrote: I didn't know there was a rule for that. Can you point me to that rule please?![]()
I must say I wouldn't understand if I make a link to this site. I can understand that you don't want commercial advertisments, but a link to another site wher people with a different geekdom do things?
How would you feel if the guys at Seti@Netherlands issue the same ban and don't allow me to give a linkt to the EBT site?![]()
But if it's really not allowed, I will change the sig without hesitation (but do inform me before tomorrow, sunday 21st because I'm going on a three week holiday then, and send a PM please so I won't miss the discussion)
-
MDeen
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 2241
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
- Location: Helden, The Netherlands
- Contact:
Fair enough. It may be concidered a bit obtrusive I guess. I've changed it a bit.emmem wrote: I think promoting a site that is politically correct on this forum is not really a problem. So you can promote seti@home. The only problem IMHO is using the word join. This makes your signature look like a commercial message (even if it isn’t).
Maarten
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact: