Strange distance in hit

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Post Reply
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2241
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
Location: Helden, The Netherlands
Contact:

Strange distance in hit

Post by MDeen »

Have a look at note P0x632583xxx.
The distance traveled is 5768 km, although the hits are in Dordrecht and Hoorn, some 100 km apart.
I suspect the distance calculator is confused by one of the zipcodes?
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Strange distance in hit

Post by EuroBillTracker »

MDeen wrote:Have a look at note P0x632583xxx.
The distance traveled is 5768 km, although the hits are in Dordrecht and Hoorn, some 100 km apart.
I suspect the distance calculator is confused by one of the zipcodes?
The problem is that when a lat/long is unknown it currently defaults to 0,0 hence the huge distance. I know it should be better :(
It should be ok now.
DoubleYou

Post by DoubleYou »

Hey mrdeen is advertising within his signature!! That was forbidden i thought.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

DoubleYou wrote:Hey mrdeen is advertising within his signature!! That was forbidden i thought.
You can't advertise a competing site ;)
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

DoubleYou wrote:Hey mrdeen is advertising within his signature!! That was forbidden i thought.
Well. The signature really doesn't look like a signature to me. I must admit that.

IMHO something like the following looks more like it (this way it's more personal)
MDeen
Huge fan of seti@home and member of the number 1 dutch users group.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2241
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
Location: Helden, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by MDeen »

emmem wrote:
DoubleYou wrote:Hey mrdeen is advertising within his signature!! That was forbidden i thought.
Well. The signature really doesn't look like a signature to me. I must admit that.

IMHO something like the following looks more like it (this way it's more personal)
MDeen
Huge fan of seti@home and member of the number 1 dutch users group.
I didn't know there was a rule for that. Can you point me to that rule please? :roll:
I must say I wouldn't understand if I make a link to this site. I can understand that you don't want commercial advertisments, but a link to another site wher people with a different geekdom do things?
How would you feel if the guys at Seti@Netherlands issue the same ban and don't allow me to give a linkt to the EBT site? :?

But if it's really not allowed, I will change the sig without hesitation (but do inform me before tomorrow, sunday 21st because I'm going on a three week holiday then, and send a PM please so I won't miss the discussion)

Cheers,

Maarten
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

MDeen wrote: I didn't know there was a rule for that. Can you point me to that rule please? :roll:
I must say I wouldn't understand if I make a link to this site. I can understand that you don't want commercial advertisments, but a link to another site wher people with a different geekdom do things?
How would you feel if the guys at Seti@Netherlands issue the same ban and don't allow me to give a linkt to the EBT site? :?

But if it's really not allowed, I will change the sig without hesitation (but do inform me before tomorrow, sunday 21st because I'm going on a three week holiday then, and send a PM please so I won't miss the discussion)
I think promoting a site that is politically correct on this forum is not really a problem. So you can promote seti@home. The only problem IMHO is using the word join. This makes your signature look like a commercial message (even if it isn’t).
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2241
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
Location: Helden, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by MDeen »

emmem wrote: I think promoting a site that is politically correct on this forum is not really a problem. So you can promote seti@home. The only problem IMHO is using the word join. This makes your signature look like a commercial message (even if it isn’t).
Fair enough. It may be concidered a bit obtrusive I guess. I've changed it a bit.

Maarten
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

MDeen wrote: Fair enough. It may be concidered a bit obtrusive I guess. I've changed it a bit.
Let's not get carried away here. The only rule currently in place is not to advertise competing euro bill tracking sites. I think it's fairly obvious to everyone why such a rule is in place :!:
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”