Wow nice new recordbreaking hit!

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Yeah, but I read somewhere that when a bill is destroyed they make a new one with the same serialnumber. I don't know if the shortcode and year will be the same. I presume not, but I'm certain the serialnumber will stay the same. Even if it's printed in another country.

Mr Euro
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

The only place i read that was on this forum. I still have my doubts about that. Any other reference?
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Yeah, it was me who has posted that then too. I've read it somewhere in a newspaper. Because at that moment I found it weird that they kept the serial of the country, but the explanation is simple: Otherwise they can't keep up how much money there is out there. If I find the time, I will search for that somewhere on the ECB website.

Mr Euro
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

smh wrote:If someone writes the URL of EBT on the bill, obviousely the chances are getting higher.
They should activate this url: www.EBT.com :!: Thats far more easier to write down on a bank note :) But EBT.com is already in use :evil: :evil: :evil:. Maybe www.€BT.com is possible :wink: ( :evil: :evil: the euro sign isn't working €)
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

bhoeyb wrote:

Maybe you have to make some promotion for EBT near your place. That can help ...
but i do it!!

i have put 3 papers with the url of EBT (20x url / paper) by a shopowner friend!!

but nothing... :x
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

TC wrote:
bhoeyb wrote:

Maybe you have to make some promotion for EBT near your place. That can help ...
but i do it!!

i have put 3 papers with the url of EBT (20x url / paper) by a shopowner friend!!

but nothing... :x
I try to promote this site by posting a friendly message on other Dutch forums, using free SMS and sites like www.asl.to. Just to make people curious :wink: More promotion = more changes for a hit ...
I don't know if it works but the last days, more Belgians are registrating :D :D
Do you know how to get into the top 10 list of best Referers :?:
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

hummm good idea...

i 'll try to make promotion in "rendez-vous" site :lol:
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Ha, new longest time under hit:
http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php ... 2&id=23981
4 months and 5 days!
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

Mr Euro wrote:Ha, new longest time under hit:
http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php ... 2&id=23981
4 months and 5 days!
Isn't it strange??? The first bank note fabrizio enters is a hit :?: :?: :?: :!:
But maybe the url was on that note?!
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

or it's a new "adept" of EBT and the gift for his entry in the "EBT sect" it's a marked bill :lol: :lol:
pieterr

Yeps, bill is mine, and I write indeed the URL down.

Post by pieterr »

bhoeyb wrote:
Mr Euro wrote:Ha, new longest time under hit:
http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php ... 2&id=23981
4 months and 5 days!
Isn't it strange??? The first bank note fabrizio enters is a hit :?: :?: :?: :!:
But maybe the url was on that note?!
I got the notification mail some moments ago...
I have been writing down the URL on the bills from the start on, early february. After a while I even wrote it on both sides of the bill, allthough I figured out recently that might be counterproductive.
If the URL is too eye-catching, chances are high people will be unwilling to pass it on even further, thinking the person receiving it will not accept it. So they'll probably spend it in the bank or so, where they'll take it out of circulation.
Nowadays I write the URL rather discretely in the margin on one side again, the less decorated side where the serial number is.
Anyway I'm glad with my first hit!

pieterr
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Ha! it seems to work if you place the url on the bill. I've tried a few but none of them did come back. Well, I think I gonna try a few more...

Mr Euro
User avatar
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland

Post by airis »

I noticed that this hit has been moderated. So it was just a fake one. ------> :evil: <------
User avatar
Craft
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:36 pm
Location: Vantaa, Finland

Post by Craft »

I suppose Airis is talking about the hit that is the topic of this thread... right?
Last edited by Craft on Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

Craft wrote:I suppose Airis is talking about the hit that is the topic of this thread... right?
It seems so.

AFAIK it doesn't look like it should be moderated. Marsupilami1000 could have marked the URL on the bill. gerd only entered 10 bills, all on 26/7/2002, the day he joined.
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”