Possible fake notes?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Post Reply
koen

Possible fake notes?

Post by koen »

which jerk is entering al those fake notes ?
2002-09-08 23:06:52. U3x092708xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
first, toulouse is not belgium

2002-09-08 23:06:56. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:56. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:56. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:56. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:56. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:56. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:56. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:55. U3x092707xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:55. U3x092707xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:55. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:55. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:55. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:55. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:55. U3x092700xxx L004G4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:54. U3x092707xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:54. U3x092707xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:53. U3x092708xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:52. U3x092708xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:52. U3x092708xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
2002-09-08 23:06:52. U3x092708xxx L004H4 Toulouse ( Belgium, 31800)
User avatar
Wouter1
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Oegstgeest, NL
Contact:

Post by Wouter1 »

How can you tell they are fake?
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

I’m the one. :oops: :oops: :oops:

It has to be in France indeed, I noticed it a bit too late. :( The mail to EBT-support for making the correction was already on it’s way.

The banknotes are real and came from a post office in Toulouse as a role. In fact my parents were there 2 weeks ago and brought those back for me.

Here’s a picture (with masked serials)

Image
User avatar
Wouter1
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Oegstgeest, NL
Contact:

Post by Wouter1 »

Interesting picture >>> I alays thought coins came in a role. Aren't banknotes kept together with a wrapper (at least that's what you always see on TV)?
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

I'm glad to see emmem could not only explain the entries but also prove it. Just as a reminder the same issue surfaced during the first few months with a user and she proved with a picture too that she was entering legitimate bills.

Please note that other usres work in banks/ shops/ etc and do the exact same thing...
koen

oooops

Post by koen »

i am very (very) sorry
but it seemed very strange to me....
sorry :oops:
i won't do that again :oops: :oops:
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: oooops

Post by emmem »

Wouter1 wrote: I always thought coins came in a role. Aren't banknotes kept together with a wrapper (at least that's what you always see on TV)?
Well, actually a bundle of banknotes seems to be called a roll of banknotes. Which I find a bit strange, because when I hear the word roll I instinctively think of something round.

In Dutch it’s : Een bundel bankbriefjes.
In French : une liasse de billets.

Maybe we should try to get all the translations in the off topic forum.
koen wrote:i am very (very) sorry
but it seemed very strange to me....
sorry :oops:
i won't do that again :oops: :oops:
Don’t worry. I have no hard feelings about this. Everybody makes mistakes. When I saw I entered Belgium instead of France I felt like smacking my head. :?

You might have had a strong reaction, but at least you’re on the good side (against the entering of fake notes).

Why don’t you register to the forum (will be easier to correct mistakes afterwards). :P
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”