(btw the advanced form allows you to input 20 bills simultanuously from a CSV or excel file - it is also a great tool to hack our database
Use and misuse of advanced form
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
- Skylimit
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 985
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
- Location: Belgium, Izegem
- Contact:
Use and misuse of advanced form
This poll was made to find out if new users need the "advanced form" for inputting bills, the first day they register.
(btw the advanced form allows you to input 20 bills simultanuously from a CSV or excel file - it is also a great tool to hack our database
)
(btw the advanced form allows you to input 20 bills simultanuously from a CSV or excel file - it is also a great tool to hack our database
Time is on our side ...
A couple of weeks ago, somebody had the idea to give users only permission to use the advanced form if they have registered 20 or 30 bills or more. The "fakers" will give up (at least a part of them), because it takes to much time to enter the first (fake) notes. So the fakers goes away, they don't have fun of it.
- Tiger
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1072
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
- Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
- Contact:
Maybe that would work, but 20 or 30 hits is not enough I think....
registering 20 notes takes about 5 minutes.
Maybe we can raise it to 100 or even more notes.
And, fakers will always find a way to continue.... sigh
registering 20 notes takes about 5 minutes.
Maybe we can raise it to 100 or even more notes.
And, fakers will always find a way to continue.... sigh
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
-
brunorodrigues
- Euro-Newbie

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:35 pm
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Contact:
EXCELENT idea. I'd say about 50 notes before having the possibility to use the advanced form.HNL wrote:A couple of weeks ago, somebody had the idea to give users only permission to use the advanced form if they have registered 20 or 30 bills or more. The "fakers" will give up (at least a part of them), because it takes to much time to enter the first (fake) notes. So the fakers goes away, they don't have fun of it.
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
- Skylimit
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 985
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
- Location: Belgium, Izegem
- Contact:
Well maybe this guy/girl felt that it was now or never ... Webmaster already fixed it : x-number of bills to enter manuallyDonald wrote:Hi, Skylimit, there is a new user "Skylimit" with 681 consecutives. Is it you? We also got a "brunorodriguez", looks like like "brunorodrigues".
These guys are playing games.
Great to stop fraud !
(a bit sad these measures are needed ... for newcomers ...)
Sad is not the word .. SICK is the word.
Who would want to destroy EBT ? If we know who is interested we may know who did it.
Time is on our side ...
- Wouter1
- Euro-Expert in Training

- Posts: 495
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
- Location: Oegstgeest, NL
- Contact:
If the advanced form were deleted, only the simple way of entering remains.
That would kill the serialists.
EBT should be fun. I had the urge also to keep entering like a maniac. But I stopped: to me that's what EBt is not about.
Maybe it's a man's thing: who has the most, the biggest, the best etc.
That would kill the serialists.
EBT should be fun. I had the urge also to keep entering like a maniac. But I stopped: to me that's what EBt is not about.
Maybe it's a man's thing: who has the most, the biggest, the best etc.
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
I agree. If I behave relatively "normal", I can enter up to 50 notes per week (with much luck). I can produce another 250 entries per week if my wife, who works in the financial sector, supports me. This is how I could stay in the top ten for a while. I shall stop with the extra notes by the end of October. The 50 notes on each working day consume some time, I feel I should use better.Wouter1 wrote:If the advanced form were deleted, only the simple way of entering remains.
...
EBT should be fun. I had the urge also to keep entering like a maniac. But I stopped: to me that's what EBt is not about....
