Why do you post to this forum?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Why do you post to this forum?

Because it's fun
33
62%
Because I want to rise my forum ranking
2
4%
Because I have a target % of total
0
No votes
Because I have a target posts per day
0
No votes
Never thought of that
9
17%
I don't
4
8%
Something else
5
9%
 
Total votes: 53

User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Why do you post to this forum?

Post by Antti »

I started wondering why I post to this forum. I got worried when I realized how important it is for me to post something everyday :? . I think I'm going crazy, taking this little too seriously. But before calling a psychiatrist I decided to ask you why you are posting messages here.
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

I'm not an addict,
maybe that's a lie
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

I mainly post because I like to do it. So the answer that fits me best is the first one.

When my forum ranking rises, I must say I like that too, but it’s just some minor addition that adds to the total fun.

There was a period when I had a target of minimum one post a day, but now I only post when a subject cries for a reply or if I have an idea that cries to be posted. :)
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

idem as emmem :D
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

I post all my messages on the forum because I like very much to talk wich friendly people abroad. I also like to share my obsession of euros and EBT with other crazy fans... and to discuss about Europe, other ways of life...

Thank to EBT and its forum, I have met Nicola - Pimguino for the first EBT meeting, in Venice! ;-)

It's becoming more important since I live far from Europe! :-)
For me, the number of posts is not that important.

Olivier
User avatar
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Brussels

Post by BossaNova »

well I do it because is fun, and there isn't better place to say all the stupid things that occur to you then the internet.. so I write in this forum, in an afro-portuguese, and in a brazilian one..

but sometimes I think I'm getting adicted.. so probably one day.. I'll dissapear just like Craft... :roll:

but if that ever happen all my stupid or not-stupid posts will remain.. not like Craft's.. :wink:
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

Craft didn't really disappear.... he is still here, but just as a spectator.
Rarely, he posts something on the Suomi forum.

:)
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

An interesting question :
does a user have the right to remove all his postings on a public forum, or are they public property, once they have been there a while?
(My feeling says, it is public property, the same way as it is impossible for somebody in the media to just erase his statements once they have been printed in newspapers ... you can clarify, withdraw or whatever, but never erase... ) What do you think ?
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Post by Antti »

Skylimit wrote:An interesting question :
does a user have the right to remove all his postings on a public forum, or are they public property, once they have been there a while?
Well, I'm not sure about that
Craft (in another thread) wrote:I have also learned that anyone's posts turn to sort of public property, and maybe the writer does not fully have the right to decide even on his/her own posts once posted here in public.
But if Craft (the only one who I know really deleted almost all his posts) said this I think not then. And I think I missed a lot because I haven't read Craft's posts, except quotes used by others. In the quotes and the few remaining posts he seems like a very interesting and intelligent fellow.
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

I post just for the fun. I like this forum there are some interesting discussion and i like to participate.

(and raise my forumranking :twisted: :twisted:
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
Debtam
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:45 pm
Location: Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands

Post by Debtam »

Skylimit wrote:An interesting question :
does a user have the right to remove all his postings on a public forum, or are they public property, once they have been there a while?
Yes a user have that right, it is one of the options on this forum.
There can be a reason to erase some postings, but I cann't imagion a good reason to erase all your postings.
Pecunia non olet
Debtam
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:45 pm
Location: Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands

Post by Debtam »

wouter wrote:I post just for the fun. I like this forum there are some interesting discussion and i like to participate.
So do I
Pecunia non olet
User avatar
Wouter1
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Oegstgeest, NL
Contact:

Post by Wouter1 »

Off course it's fun, but all of us look at our rankings.

I would lie if i'd say I wasn't
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
hebben-en-houden
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:32 am
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Post by hebben-en-houden »

Antti wrote: I think I missed a lot because I haven't read Craft's posts, except quotes used by others. In the quotes and the few remaining posts he seems like a very interesting and intelligent fellow.
Sometimes, when I am reading old posts on this Forum, I can see a littlebit of Crafts quoted replies. Sometimes it is just like a puzzle and than I have to guess what he has said... : :(

I guess he must be a person with a good sense of humour and I also would have liked to have spoken him on the forum :

I really like this forum, it is a group with different ages and nationalities, and I think, we are all a bit crazy, spending so much time on those eurobills :wink:

Hopefully, it will grow on and on and get even a bigger community as it has become right now :!: :P
If you don't like traveling, just watch where your Eurobill goes and let the banknote do the travelling for you!!
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

you can read something more about craft in this topic
http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/viewtopic.php?t=610
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”