AZERTY or QWERTY ?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

What kind of keybord do you have?

AZERTY
41
24%
QWERTY
110
65%
another kind...
16
9%
I can't write. My computer understands my voice.
2
1%
 
Total votes: 169

User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

AZERTY or QWERTY ?

Post by Olivier »

Hi guys!

What kind of keybord do you have?
Have you tried different sorts of keybords? What do you prefer?

I personnaly use a AZERTY in France, but I will have to get used to a QWERTY keyboard as soon as I go to Canada...

Olivier
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

You forgot QWERTZ :) used in Germany....
I think most other European countries use qwerty....
In belgium we use azerty, mainly because it's a typically french button-layout and there are some people in belgium trying to speak french :D:D
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Post by Antti »

What's the real differnce in positioning buttons differently? I could well write french with my qwerty keyboard (it's just could because I don't know much french yet).
But on the other hand it's not that hard to imagine why you use them, because also here in Finland we have a modified qwerty keyboard with å, ä and ö added, althogh at least ä and ö could be rather easily written with a standard qwerty keyboard.
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

Me QWERTZ!
User avatar
Wouter1
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Oegstgeest, NL
Contact:

Post by Wouter1 »

I shout at my computer all the time, but he doesn't listen.


(qwerty)
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
Debtam
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:45 pm
Location: Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands

Post by Debtam »

I use a QWERY keyboard
Pecunia non olet
User avatar
Wouter1
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Oegstgeest, NL
Contact:

Post by Wouter1 »

Debtam wrote:I use a QWERY keyboard
What happened to your "t"?
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

My computer can read my thoughts... 8O

No, qwertZ, actually.
Debtam
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:45 pm
Location: Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands

Post by Debtam »

Wouter1 wrote:
Debtam wrote:I use a QWERY keyboard
What happened to your "t"?
I forgo. .he . :oops:

or

I try to tough type

or

I miss my left index finger
Pecunia non olet
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

Donald wrote:Me QWERTZ!
I thought you called it QWERTZU (or was this term invented by a Belgian guy visiting Germany - in casu, me)
Time is on our side ...
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

i use qwerty, in fact i've never really seen a another kind of keyboard :oops:
btw screaming to the computer also helps a lot :twisted:
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
iveohc
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:05 pm
Location: Deutschland|Germany

Post by iveohc »

Of course a QWERTZ - although in good old DOS days I had to convert in mind before... ;) (I hope you get what I want to say....)
User avatar
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Brussels

Post by BossaNova »

mine is QWERTY, but has some addicional buttons for portuguese like: ç, ~, à, á, ê, õ etc..
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

BossaNova wrote:mine is QWERTY, but has some addicional buttons for portuguese like: ç, ~, à, á, ê, õ etc..
One of my friends tried yesterday night to persuade me all the world except France (and so Belgium and germany) uses QWERTY keyboards.
On his mind, the qwerty is the best keyboard...
User avatar
DrGreenTom
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 711
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by DrGreenTom »

Olivier wrote:
BossaNova wrote:mine is QWERTY, but has some addicional buttons for portuguese like: ç, ~, à, á, ê, õ etc..
One of my friends tried yesterday night to persuade me all the world except France (and so Belgium and germany) uses QWERTY keyboards.
On his mind, the qwerty is the best keyboard...
my name has accents so i want azerty otherwise i cannot type my own name :?
Liever 10 vogels in de lucht dan 1 die mijn terras volschijt
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”